Thoughts, inquiries, and photos from The Bite-Sized Baker… This week.
1. Introducing the newest addition to The Bite-Sized Baker blog, Louie! Louie made the trip from Austin to California to Chicago and we couldn’t be more happy to have him. He is literally the most snuggly and happy dog there ever was.
In a land far away, my dad recently brought home a new puppy to
annoy entertain Chandler… We think his name is Ike but it could also be Joey depending on the day of the week.
2. I challenged myself to go a week without coffee and start my morning with a cup of tea and honey… I’ve never been so delighted to welcome coffee back into my life again… Not to mention such a pretty one at that!
3. The sun started shining this week and I was finally able to go outside for a run! Time to get my beach body ready… Oh, joy.
4. Tony and I went to see The Book of Mormon last weekend. It was both of our first time ever seeing a broadway show and it was the perfect combination of humor and musical for some not so theatrical people. And yes, I did make him color coordinate with me…
5. One beautiful sunset… Spring has officially sprung!
6. Baby Genius!!! “But what does it all mean???”
7. The beginning stages of a beautiful thing… Flourless Chocolate Cake.
8. Tony and I felt like reenacting prom this weekend… We went to a charity ball downtown and I felt like I walked into a set of Real Housewives of Chicago.
9. Later that night we met up with our friends, Chelsea and Hunter, and took ample amounts of Fireball shots and devoured a breakfast food feast, complete with a milkshake.
10. This weekend I finally understood why people like Madeleines. They’re not like shortbread at all, but soft and caramelized cake cookies!
Happy Monday, my friends. It’s almost May.