Remember when I used to do Monday Bites? Well, in case you are a newcomer to The Bite-Sized Baker blog it is a photo collection of the past week’s events… And let’s be honest, I have been preeeetttty uneventful lately. But you know what is not uneventful? Christmas. Christmas and all it’s glory.
1. You know what’s a great way to get in the Christmas spirit? Playing with Christmas puzzles. Tony and I bought a 500-piece puzzle and stayed in the entire night putting it together. The following day we were feeling pretty good about ourselves and our jigsaw puzzle skills so we decided to pick up two additional 1000-piece Christmas puzzles… We might have gotten a little overzealous. They are impossible. Might have to regift that.
Also, the word puzzle is starting to look very odd… I also just Googled if you play with puzzles or put puzzles together. I’m not sure which is the appropriate verb to use.
2. This might be the best photo I’ve ever seen… My nephew and my sister’s friend’s babies meet Santa. I’d say Santa is equally overwhelmed.
3. Sur La Table does this terrible little thing around the holidays… They send me daily deals every single day via email and I can’t withstand it. I caved.
4. A sad, sad excuse for a Christmas tree… But a real one nonetheless!
5. Last week was my 23rd birthday! Fortunately, my birthday was ALSO the night of my holiday work party. Things got weird.
6. Hungover and terrified of dropping my phone out the window… Chicago in the early morning hours.
7. The only way to cure a hangover is to drink more… We tried Cantina Laredo for the first time. Pomegranate margaritas, table-side guacamole, barbacoa, and fish tacos are MUSTS. Speaking of pomegranates… I added pomegranate perils to my guacamole along with queso fresco at home. Holy smokes. Great festive appetizer!
8. A beautiful view on a chilly Winter night.
9. Last year I had the brilliant idea of dressing Chandler up in Christmas lights. That dog will do anything for a bite of food. This year my family took it to a whole new level…