Thoughts, inquiries, and photos from The Bite-Sized Baker… This week.
1. Tony gave me the best possible gift imaginable… For the first time in my life I will be leaving the country and visiting Spain, Italy, and France in less than TWO weeks! Excited and grateful beyond words.
2. I recently started CrossFit and I am in love. I admit, I was very skeptical about joining a “fitness program,” especially one that required half of my paycheck (JK! I don’t have a paycheck), but I could not be more excited to work out and compete against others on a daily basis. Expect a lot more healthy options on The Bite-Sized Baker very soon! But don’t worry… I haven’t really changed… Browned Butter-Nutella Stuffed-Sea Salt-Chocolate Chip Cookies for the win!
3. My last little taste of summer… Although I could not be more ready for Fall to be here, I am a little sad that I won’t be spending my mornings basking in the sun with a smoothie in tow… But now I get to look forward to spending my mornings in front of a fire with a homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte in tow!
4. Fact: There is absolutely nothing cuter than puppies and babies. I’m not sure there is anything that can make me happier than this picture… except maybe if they were sharing an ice cream cone.
5. Tony and I spent the weekend downtown and shared brunch at Shaw’s Crab House with his mom. I think brunch might be my new favorite meal. There was a cold seafood bar with fresh oysters, ceviche, and smoked salmon, an omelette and waffle kitchen, a grand buffet with things like steamed King Crab legs and caramelized smoked bacon, a Bloody Mary Station, and a sweet’s table with every dessert imaginable… And did I mention it’s all you can eat? Go.
6. And now it’s Monday… And the only thing that’ll get me through this day is this delicious homemade iced vanilla latte.