Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
First things first, I know this may not look like your average cheesecake… Yes, there are mini mouthfuls of cookie dough hidden within every rich and creamy bite of cheesecake… But it is also missing half a crust, at least a crust that you can see… It also is one of the most poorly decorated cheesecakes I’ve made to date. But with cheesecake this good, who cares!
Fact #1: I did make a graham cracker crust and baked it for 10 minutes until golden and toasty.
Fact #2: I also dropped the entire cheesecake on the floor while pouring the batter over the crust…. and then continued with the recipe and mixed in the crust to make a “graham cracker swirl,” if you will…
Fact #3: I throw fits.
So yes, while this cheesecake lacks an actual “crust” there is a crust within the cheesecake, ya dig? Which, in my humble opinion, is kind ofthe same thing… Is anyone else as grossed out as me by the overuse of the word crust?
Despite my kitchen battles– and let me tell you this was a battle ending with me yelling “FU***!!!” at the top of my lungs (I screamed “fudge,” you potty mouths). But this cheesecake? Definitely worth the battle and maybe even the few tears I shed in a momentary relapse. I was just SO passionate about the cause.
There are a few recommendations I would make concerning this cheesecake though. Numero uno, make the eggless cookie dough ahead of time and also make A LOT of it. You never know when you’re going to get a cookie dough craving, my friends… And you don’t want to be stingy with your cookie dough in this cheesecake. Second piece of advice, exert patience and be cautious when pouring your batter… or you can be like me and hide all your failures with excessive chocolate decorations. Win-win!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake recipe slightly adapted from Taste of Home:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup butter, melted
3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs, lightly beaten
¼ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
7 oz. sweetened condensed milk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a greased 9-in. pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust; set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls over filling, gently pushing dough below surface (dough should be completely covered by filling). Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Decorate with mini chocolate chips or chocolate ganache (if you happen to have some lying around like I did!)
Makes 12-14 servings.