Thoughts, inquiries, and photos from The Bite-Sized Baker… This week.
1. I’ve never been quick to jump on fads… I usually find out about a trend after the fact so I apologize if this is old news. My latest discovery, The Lumineers… Pretty sure they’re already popular but if you haven’t heard about them already. Here’s a sample. Looove them.
2. This week I made Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake! Talk about a rich and decadent dessert. I had one bite and I was finished… and that’s saying something coming from me.
3. My good friend, Alison gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, McKayla Brynn last Saturday. I spent Friday afternoon “ooohing and awwwwing” at every little thing this week-old nugget did.
4. Speaking of babies, it was my adorable nephew, Emmett’s 1st birthday on Wednesday! My family hosted a Cowboy theme birthday party complete with a jump house, popcorn machine, snow cone machine, and cow cupcakes. Safe to say, my sister, Caitlin, never goes overboard. And can we just assess how photogenic Chandler is?
5. Nothing like getting your hair done to make you feel brand new! It’s not easy looking this good..
6. I also started packing this weekend and found some really… interesting things. Like old econ notes.. Obsessive compulsive? Not a chance.
And reaaaally…? I just had to buy three pairs of jeans with skeletons and butterflies on the butt? Hence why I write a food blog and steer clear of ever offering any sort of fashion advice. Ever. (Note: To save face, I must clarify that all of these purchases occurred over four years ago.)
I hope you all have a wonderful last week of August!