Thoughts, inquiries, and photos from The Bite-Sized Baker… The past two weeks…
1. Last week started off preeeetttty slow. Like painfully slow. But then Tony surprised me in the middle of the week with flowers delivered to my work, “Just to make you smile.” Safe to say, I am a lucky girl.
2. Summer is coming to an end and I am making the most of summer’s produce. I ate 2 pounds of fresh strawberries in one day… Plain for breakfast, in an almond butter sandwich for lunch, and then loaded with homemade whipped cream and chocolate ganache for dessert. No shame.
3. I have this slight obsession with Instagram… if you couldn’t already tell. I also willingly participate in all the little weekly activities like “#throwbackthursdays,” mostly so I can go through my 2,000+ pictures of Chandler as a leetle polar bear!
4. It cooled down quite a bit in Chicago this week and Lake Michigan looked a lot more like an ocean than a lake… Which brings me to my next grievance… I have yet to touch salt water this ENTIRE summer. I realize it’s halfway across the country from me but still… Unacceptable.
5. Tony and I before our motorcycle ride through the countryside… Don’t worry, Mom, we drove under the speed limit the whole time!
6. “Cooking is like love; it should be entered into with abandon or not at all.” In honor of Julia Child’s birthday, I baked all Wednesday night… Homemade granola bars and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes.
7. I hit rock bottom and Instagrammed my Draw Something drawing… or did I hit rock star level? I’ll let you be the judge.