Thoughts, inquiries, and photos from The Bite-Sized Baker… This week… A week without a computer and no way to upload new recipes and photos. This is what happens.
1. I tried to be trendy and order “Mint” shoes online… They delivered these and then a leprechaun punched me in the face. Fashion fail.
2. I tried my luck with macarons again… This week I made Dulce de Leche and Coffee Macarons. Sweet victory.
3. On Saturday I visited the Shedd Aquarium for the first time since I’ve moved to Chicago. I’m not going to lie, it was slightly unimpressive and extremely depressing. I also thought the dolphins were holograms… But hey, that’s just me! Some squishy fish.
4. I am not really a fan of fast food or Chinese, but Wow Bao is amazing and definitely something I can get used to… Steamed little buns filled with your choice of meat. Holy steamed buns.
5. I can always justify eating frozen yogurt. It’s pretty much low-fat, low-cal, creamy goodness- even with all the toppings… Mmm, yeah.
6. The Cellar is by far my favorite restaurant in Evanston. Tony and I had our first date there and we discovered our shared love for food over their Bacon-Wrapped Chorizo Stuffed Dates. I’m going to go out on a limb here and say they are BETTER than Avec’s iconic dates. Yeah, I said it. Also, their micro burgers topped with bacon and bleu cheese- ZOMG!
7. On Sunday I celebrated my good friend Alison’s baby shower. Alison is an old teammate and roommate of mine who loves hot dogs, bacon, and Funfetti cupcakes more than anyone I know. I made homemade Funfetti cupcakes for her little nugget’s shower… Piggies in a blanket were also on the menu.
8. After baking cupcakes I had a lot of leftover egg yolks… I wasn’t about to waste eight egg yolks so my next move was to make a custard filling for homemade eclairs. Sometimes my lack of self control amazes me.
9. I had to include a picture of Channy so that my entire Monday Bites didn’t revolve around food… But let’s be real, my life kind of revolves around it… But what a cutie!