Thoughts, inquiries, and photos from The Bite-Sized Baker… This week…
1. I flew home after graduation to spend a few days with my family before entering the real world. I could not be happier to wake up to these two smiling faces every morning!
2. While I was in California, my family and I spent the week in beautiful Lake Tahoe! Tony made the trip out to meet the family for the first time… I think he was entertained.
3. Since we were in California, we made sure to make a pit stop at In-N-Out on the drive to Lake Tahoe. It was an epic meal— seriously, the best In-N-Out I’ve ever tasted. Animal Style burgers and Neapolitan Milkshakes are a must.
4. After returning from our trip to Lake Tahoe, Tony and I spent the night in downtown Chicago and dined at Avec. It’s technically a wine bar, but the food is amazing (especially the chorizo-stuffed dates and wood-fired squid)! Communal tables, small plates, large plates, and a wide assortment of wine. Unfortunately, I was too intimidated by the hipsters sitting next to us to snap a picture of the inside of the restaurant, so a view of Chicago at night will have to do!
5. For graduation my parents gave me a KitchenAid mixer! Surprisingly, I have used a hand mixer for the year I’ve had this blog. Expect a lot more challenging recipes now that I have the gadgets! 🙂