Thoughts, inquiries, and photos from The Bite-Sized Baker… This week… A week of epic proportions.
1. The past week was Northwestern’s Senior Week. A.K.A. a week of binge drinking, junk food, and activities with fellow graduating seniors. YAY! I’m a Northwestern University Graduate!
2. On Tuesday, I spent a beautiful night in the city with Tony and his parents. We dined at Chicago Cut and I had my first taste of black truffles in the form of Black Truffle and Lobster Risotto. Holy goodness, the smell and taste of freshly shaved black truffle? I now know the meaning of life.
3. Big news in the Bite-Sized Baker’s professional life! Finally have a summer gig and I am pretttty excited about it. I obviously celebrated this with Tony at Kuma’s Corner with jalapeno poppers, beers, and burgers. I ordered the Lair of the Minotaur (top right: bourbon soaked pears, Brie, pancetta, and caramelized onions) and Tony ordred The Howl (bottom left: red wine skirt steak, cheddar cheese, and onion strings). So. Delicious. Not. So. Nutritious.
4. On Wednesday night my friends and I visited Dimo’s Pizza late night. Mac and Cheese and Tortellini on a slice of pizza. Say whaaaaat? I was boring and ordered a Feta, Spinach, and Tomato pizza. They also have amazing ranch dressing.
5. This week I also helped Tony move into his new place… Thunder had other plans as to what should go in the TV nook…
Have a great rest of the Monday!