Jack-o-Pumpkin Breakfast Sandwich
I have a dirty little secret.
I have been craving a McDonald’s breakfast sandwich for the past four months. It’s shameful and unacceptable, but I cannot shake it! I suppose I could just go to McDonald’s and buy one and my problem would be fixed, but the thought of eating McDonald’s on any given day depresses me. Plus, who the heck stops serving breakfast at 10:00AM?! Breakfast food can be eaten at any time of the day, people!! When will you learn?!
But do you know what’s not depressing and can be made at any time of the day? Homemade breakfast sandwiches!
I found this Fall-inspired breakfast sandwich on the blog, Healthy. Happy. Life., and it inspired me to create my own! It’s savory, sweet, and filling… and probably slightly better for you than McDonald’s😉.
I MADE A FACEBOOK PAGE FOR THE BITE-SIZED BAKER! SHOW A GIRL SOME LOVE :) (You can do this by clicking “Like” on the right hand side of my blog or following the link above!)
Turkey Sausage by The Bite-Sized Baker:
¼ pound ground turkey
½ teaspoon dried parsley
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
½ teaspoon brown sugar
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix ground turkey with ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Form a small patty and fry in a skillet until crispy on the outside and cooked through.
Jack-o-Pumpkin Breakfast Sandwich inspired by Healthy. Happy. Life.:
1 turkey sausage patty
1 slice cheese (I used Mozzarella)
½ cup fresh spinach
1 English muffin
2-3 tablespoons Pumpkin Butter (I used the American Spoon brand)
Hot sauce, optional
- Heat olive oil in skillet and sauté spinach until wilted, about 2 minutes. Cover with skillet cover and set aside. In the same skillet, cook one egg to your liking.
- In another skillet, begin to cook turkey sausage. While the sausage is cooking, toast English muffin. As soon as English muffin is toasted, spread both sides with Pumpkin Maple Butter.
- Lay turkey sausage with cheese on bottom of English muffin, then top with egg and spinach.
- Slice and serve warm.