Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
FRIDAY! I cannot help but sing that obnoxious song whenever it’s Friday… It’s a very good way to alienate loved ones by singing it on repeat… FYI.
Anyway, I hope you all have some fun plans for this weekend, or at the very least, some set of plans…
Chocolate + Peanut Butter = Delicious.
Chocolate + Peanut Butter + Pretzels = !!!!!!!
I’ve been on a pretzel kick lately when it comes to desserts. Yogurt covered pretzels, chocolate covered pretzels, peanut butter filled pretzels, pretzels in cookies, pretzels in brownies, pretzels in ice cream… I could go on forever, but for your sake, I will not!
These bars do not disappoint, they pretty much encapsulate all that is great when it comes to desserts. They’re sweet, salty, crunchy, and creamy… The recipe takes 15 minutes, tops! And you do not need an oven!
If I haven’t sold you on making these yet, then I’m not sure we can still be friends. Now go make them!
Peanut Butter Base recipe by The Craving Chronicles:
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
¾ cup peanut butter
1 ½ cups pretzel crumbs, fine
½ cup confectioners’ sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
- Line 8×8 pan with foil. Spray with baking spray.
- Pulse pretzels in a food processor until fine.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt peanut butter and butter together in microwave (about 1 minute on HIGH).
- Stir in pretzel crumbs, confectioners’ sugar and salt. Spread evenly into prepared pan and refrigerate at least 10 minutes.
Chocolate Ganache recipe by The Craving Chronicles:
1 heaping cup semisweet chocolate chips, such as Ghirardelli 60% chocolate chips
1/3 cup heavy cream
- In a small saucepan or microwave-safe container, heat heavy cream to near boiling (1-2 minutes on HIGH, depending on your microwave).
- Pour over chocolate chips. Let sit for 2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. (If needed, microwave on DEFROST 10 seconds at a time to finish melting.)
- Pour chocolate over chilled peanut butter base. Chill.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting.
- To serve, lift foil to remove from pan, then slice into bars with a pizza cutter. Store in refrigerator.
Makes 16 Servings
Serving Size: 1 square
Servings per Recipe: 16
Fat: 15.6 g (Saturated 6.7 g)
Cholesterol: 20 mg
Carbohydrate: 24 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 4.8 g
**Note: I calculated nutritional facts using a feature on Daily Burn.